Tuesday 28 October 2014

Everton Forward Lukaku Salutes Eto’o as His Mentor

Romelu Lukaku says he has been blessed by working along with Samuel Eto'o at Everton. Both of them came from Chelsea but did not produce a partnership because Lukaku spent most of last season on loan at Goodison. Lukaku signed Everton for a club record £28million fee but Eto’o’s free transfer is becoming beneficial for manager Roberto Martinez. The veteran reminded the past against Burnely on Sunday scoring a header and a long ranger and Lukaku who himself scored in the 3-1 victory thinks Eto’o is the ideal mentor who can help him to improve his game.


 “He is a player of world class. Throughout his career he has scored many goals and I feel blessed to play with him,” he said. “I pass most of my time with him. I come in and leave at the same time as he does. We are together on and off the ground also doing everything. We compete in training and sprints have to be done by the loser. Quite often we meet each other. He visits my house and I go to his house. I try my best to learn from him as much as I can and he tells me stories about when he was younger”. Lukaku has learned from many senior players and he wants to make his own name. “Samuel is same for me as Drogba and Anelka were for me when I was younger at Chelsea, “he said. “I am blessed to play with top strikers like them. I hope to become one of them in the future.”

Football fans you should not worry about your Premier League Tickets. Sports and Events Tickets are here to fulfill your ticket demands with pleasure. So stay in touch with it especially for Everton Tickets at affordable prices and with the best seat plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment